Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Proof of Concept - 2 of 8 : IB's API

To install IB's TWS API, go to IB's Programming API page and download the software. I'm using Windows API version 9.51 dated Apr 25 2008. Note that this will install all the APIs: Excel DDE, Java, ActiveX, and C++.

The install is straight forward. Just run the install executable and it does the rest. I've chosen to install mine in the same folder as the TWS client (c:\jts). When done, make note of folders Java\com\ib\client and Java\TestJavaClient.



Java\com\ib\client folder contains all the API classes which will be needed in my trading robot.

Java\TestJavaClient folder contains IB's test application and is used to make sure that basic functionalities of the API works. I will use this code to make sure my development environment is set up properly, but will not need it for the trading robot.

No comments: