Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ruby & Ruby On Rails Installation Complete


While there are numerous write ups on this process (just Google "install ruby on rails"), I thought I'd include a brief description for blog completeness

1) Go to Ruby on Rails download page to Download and install Ruby. Enable RubyGems option. I used Windows 1.8.6-27 Release Candidate 2.

2) When finish, open a command prompt and install rails 2.3.3 :
>gem install rails

3) Install PostgrSQL driver:
>gem install postgres-pr

4) Create sample Rails application:
>rails c:\temp\railstest

That's all there is to it. For a quick tutorial, I suggest going to http://guides.rubyonrails.org/ .

1 comment:

Offshore Software Development Services said...

My very first comment on your blog. I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. It is great stuff indeed, continuation with ror application development.

Offshore Software Development Services